What Advantages Do Manufactured Homes in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Have Over Site-built Structures?
Owners of manufactured homes in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida, area enjoy the best value in housing available. At a time when quality housing in a good location is out of reach for many people, factory-built homes represent a highly affordable way to partake in an important part of the American Dream. The following is a list of just some of the advantages that manufactured homes have over site-built structures:
- Price – A factory-built home costs 15 to 20 percent less per square foot than a comparable home that is built using traditional (on-site) construction practices.
- Building process efficiency – Manufactured homes are built in assembly-line fashion with little room for error or inefficiency. It is a far more streamlined process than building a home the traditional way.
- ADA and UFAS compliance – Builders of manufactured houses are adept at designing floorplans that make it possible to age in place with the aid of design standards established by the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS).
- HUD Code compliance – The HUD Code was established in 1976 and is continuously being updated. It imposes strict regulations on how manufactured houses are built, including regulations relating to roof load, wind resistance, energy efficiency, safety, and durability.
- Location – A driving force behind the growing popularity of manufactured homes in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and elsewhere has been the creation of manufactured home communities. These are planned communities that combine a good location with affordable housing and on-site amenities.
For additional information about manufactured homes – what they are, where they’re located, how to buy one – simply contact the Florida Manufactured Housing Association, Inc. We will be pleased to put you in touch with members of our organizations who can help you achieve your housing goals in Fort Lauderdale, FL, or anywhere else in the Sunshine State.