How It All Began
FMHA’s roots date back to 1947, as World War II was ending and American society was becoming increasingly mobile. The founders of the Association met in Melbourne and formed the Florida Trailer Coach Dealers Association. That same year, they held the first statewide show. In 1953, the name changed to Florida Mobile Home Association and remained unchanged until 1968, when it because Florida Mobile Home and RV Association, headquartered in Tampa. In 1978, FMHA’s main office moved to Tallahassee so it could become more intimately involved in shaping state policy.
Since that move, the Association has played a major role in sponsoring and influencing laws affecting the industry and homeowners across the state. In 1979, the Association adopted its current name, Florida Manufactured Housing Association, which today is widely recognized as one of the most influential professional groups in the Capital City.
FMHA is the only professional, statewide organization dedicated to protecting the interests of the manufactured housing industry and ensuring its continued financial viability. We serve community owners and developers, manufacturers, retailers, service and supply firms, lenders, and insurance firms that derive all, or part, or their livelihood from this industry.
It is only through our united efforts that we can continue to prevail in or efforts to uphold the value of our investments.
To learn more about joining the FMHA please visit our Exclusive Member Website today!